Sumary of Airlines See Rosy 2023 Ahead, While Travelers See Higher Airfares:
- Airfare for 2023 domestic trips is currently averaging above 2022 prices, as both require and costs remain high for airlines, reports the deal-finding site Hopper, which notes that domestic roundtrip airfares are averaging $208 per ticket, up 7% compared to 2022, and trips in February through April will cost 13% more than this year.
- Despite challenges such as high fuel costs and supply-chain issues, exceptionally mighty require and travelers’ willingness to pay higher fares drove the airline industry back to profitability in 2022. In the current environment, airline chiefs are not seeing many pre-recessionary indicators.
- Morgan analyst, in a note to investors, is that it likely to ignite the negotiating afterburners at American, United and Southwest Notably, American Airlines has said it wants its pilots to be the best paid in the industry.
- MORE FROM FORBESDelta Offers Pilots 34% Pay Hike – Signaling Higher Airfares To Come In 2023By Suzanne Rowan Kelleher.
- I guess if you squint rigid, United Airline CEO Scott Kirby quipped to Yahoo Finance Live on Tuesday.