Despite a new COVID scare gripping the country, 50,000 people will sit side-by-side at Origin decider

despite a new covid scare gripping the country 50000 people will sit side by side at origin decider

As Queensland prepares to ease COVID restrictions just in time for the State of Origin decider, more than 7000 people are being told to isolate.

It’s been 64 days since the last case of community transmission in the Sunshine State. The virus-free run last week prompted the chief health officer to advise the Premier to peel back restrictions, including increasing stadium capacity to 100 per cent.

More than 52,000 people are therefore technically able to be seated side-by-side at the game but are being advised to wear face masks and practise social distancing where possible.

It comes as Queensland authorities race to track down more than 7000 people who have entered the state from South Australia since last Monday, as quarantine restrictions are imposed following a worrying outbreak in Adelaide.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk asked those people on Monday to isolate where they are and get tested, as Queenslanders returning home from South Australia from midnight on Monday have to enter two weeks of mandatory hotel quarantine.

Health Minister Yvette D’Ath said no one who had been in Adelaide would be able to attend the match, and contact tracing would ensure – in the event of a positive case from the match – that all exposed individuals can be quarantined.

Want to know more on click here go to tour news source.

From -

Close

Language